9.03.2011

Egg White Frittata

The majority of frittatas that I cook are made with egg whites.  This one I threw together with left over ingredients from the night before.  Egg whites were left over from making Nutella Gelato and the spinach was left over from my Tilapia and Spinach dinner.

Ingredients:
4 egg whites
1/4 c sauted spinach
2 tbs. cottage cheese
2 tbs. freshly grated parmesan cheese
1 scallion, sliced
2 tbs. chopped red pepper
kosher salt & white pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients and add to a buttered oven proof skillet.  Cook on med heat until mixture starts to bubble.  Add to a preheated 350* oven and bake for about 10 minutes.

You could just continue to cook this on the stove top, but I like to stick it in the over to insure that I don't burn it.  :)  Also, if you top the frittata with some freshly grated cheese, sticking it in the oven will brown the top nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment